Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Finishing Fine, GPS Off, and Camping Plans

I am so bad at making sure that I post here semi-regularly.  Sorry!!

Since it's been a couple weeks since my last post - the fitness challenge is over.  I am actually really proud of myself!  I completed 17 days of the 21.  The days that I missed were due to illness - not quitter-ness, so that is awesome too :)  There was a day when I, no shit, did 150 lunges.  Seriously - here it is:


WOD 16 - Half reps, knee push ups, bent leg dips. Broke it up into rounds:
20 Hip Mobility – 10 - 2 per round
300 Lunges – 150 - 30 per round
50 Knees ( 2 count as 1) – 25 – 5 per round
200 Press Ups – 100 – 20 per round
50 Knees ( 2 count as 1) – 25 - 5 per round
100 Dips ( Grab a chair) – 50 – 10 per round
50 Knees ( 2 count as 1) – 25 – 5 per round
20 Hip Mobility – 10 – 2 per round
5 Rounds

Yep - I did that - and lots of others.  I discovered that I enjoy pushing my boundaries a little bit.  I also discovered that I seriously dislike not only burpees, but push ups and all their fancy pants variations.  C'mon guys.  Sphinx push ups?  What base demon decided THAT bullshit was a good idea?  Not a chick - I can promise you that.

Sadly, Mr. SuperBeast broke himself during training and will be missing lots of class.  Hey hey!  We'll be thinking of you every time we have to attack Bob the dummy!  That just sounds wrong.  Regardless, we hope you heal well - and as my pops has always said - a good team will always have your six.  So we got your six Gimpalufagus.

Moving along...

In strange news, I think I might be morphing into a grumpy old lady.  The band on my Fitbit broke the other day, and I have just kinda put it aside on my night stand.  I read an article about how movement was tracked via fitness trackers to highlight map areas and decided... no.  I mean, realistically the chances that anyone anywhere is interested in my comings and goings is nil - however, it is still available, yeah?  Why in the world have we made ourselves so vulnerable?  So Fitbit gone.  That still leaves my cellphone and iPod.  I'm not sure how the hell I can disengage from my phone - but at least the iPod can stay off a lot.  The phone might be getting one of those crazy people cut the signal pouches.

I know, paranoia, thy name is Dani.  

I'm also beginning to look about and plan some adventures for the year.  Still have to get my passport renewed and get my passport card.  Stateside though, I'm going to try to go a Dark Sky event at one of the national parks.  Shenandoah Valley had one last year, and their site says 2018 information will be available soon.  I'm hoping that they follow through - because that would be the one to go to.  I also want to get a telescope by then so I can actually SEE the stars during that event.  There are already set events at other national parks, but they are all mid U.S. or on the west coast.  Doable - but with more difficulty than the east coast.

In the same vein, I want to do more camping this year.  I promised my sister that I would not go back country camping by myself if the park wasn't local. But!!  There are some local areas where I can do that.  Hike in, camp, hike back out.  I figure it's a good starting place - and since it's local, I can go on my own.  That way I can whine, bitch, moan and dump buckets of sweat with no witnesses haha.  This will in turn (hopefully) make me feel confident enough to do back country camping anywhere - and with friends.  It should also help me pare down what I carry with me.  Not in my bug out bag - just my hiking kit.  Hauling it for several miles will make the decision to toss stuff that much easier I think.

If you have suggestions for parks, or camping - pass them on to me!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment