Thursday, January 11, 2018

Effing Progress!

Alrighty! Today is day four of the fitness challenge.  I am super sore, and really tired.  I'm also really proud of myself. I have done each challenge - albeit with lower reps, or some modifications.  For those of you who give a shit, I'll copy the workouts of the day we've done so far.

Oh loyal readers, the things that I have learned.

               Yeah, I just said that.  Loyal. Readers.  Sounds fancy, doesn't it?? *sniffs* Please pass the Grey Poupon.

I expected to be sore, and frankly - slightly miserable.  I didn't expect the rest.  I posted briefly on social media about the emotional bull shit.  First.  What the fuck is wrong with people?  Why doesn't anyone mention that these things can happen??  I literally was convinced that I was losing my effing mind after ugly crying on the phone to my sister.  A little research later, and I discover that if you are overweight (not knocking myself, calm your tit - it's just facts), or just flat out of shape, and you suddenly start doing super intense exercises, then your brain gets a *massive* jolt from various endorphins and hormones.  This in turn will fuck you up (or at least me).  (It's all very science-y, yeah?)

I thought I was broken.  Turns out - I'm not broken!  Yippity goddamned skippity!

I am also breaking out like a teenage boy.  It's disgusting.  I sweat like a man, so I'm basically having to shower twice a day.  I'm not crying like a pregnant woman anymore - I'm just cranky today.  Not even a bad cranky.  Just.. snarky and salty.  Don't ask me to do complicated math though.  Wait.  I don't do that shit anyway. 

All complaining aside (and yes, I'm gonna complain - it is my prerogative)... It's actually going well.  Despite the soreness, the epic level tiredness, the zits, the crying jags, etc - it's good.  Don't ask me to say that out loud, I don't think I can make it happen.  I go really slow, and stop a lot to breathe - but I'm doing it.  I've discovered that I can do just about anything in increments of five.  I make hash marks on my paper with the WOD on it (workout of the day).  If I need to do 50 push ups?  I do ten sets of five.  It works.  For days 3 and 4 I did or am doing half reps.  For the first two days I did a little more than quarter reps.  15 in place of 50, etc.  Maybe by the end of this thing I'll be able to do full reps!



WOD 4: Thurs 11th

20 Hip Mobility

150 Lunges (150 in total using either leg)

50 Sphinx Push-Ups

100 Lunges (100 in total using either leg)

50 Sphinx Push-Ups

50 Lunges (50 in total using either leg)

50 Sphinx Push-Ups

25 Lunges (25 in total using either leg)

50 Sphinx Push-Ups

20 Hip Mobility




WOD 3: Weds 10th


20 Hip Mobility

30 Burpees

60 Squat Kicks (Front Kicks – 30 per leg)

50 Frog Jumps

30 Sit Throughs (15 on each side)

50 Press Ups

30 Sit Throughs (15 on each side)

50 Frog Jumps

60 Squat Kicks (Front Kicks – 30 per leg)

30 Burpees

20 Hip Mobility




WOD 2: Tues 9th


20 Hip Mobility

100 Roundhouse Kicks (right leg 100, left leg 100)

30 Sit-Ups 1-2

75 Roundhouse Kicks (right leg 75, left leg 75)

30 Sit-Ups 1-2

50 Hammerfist Press Ups

30 Sit-Ups 1-2

50 Roundhouse Kicks (left leg 50, right leg 50)

30 Sit-Ups 1-2

25 Roundhouse Kicks (left leg 25, right leg 25)

20 Hip Mobility




WOD 1: Mon 8th


20 Hip Mobility

50 Press Ups

50 Mountain Climbs (2 counts as one)

50 V Crunches

50 Squat Kicks

50 Eight Count Bodybuilder

50 Squat Kicks

50 V Crunches

50 Mountain Climbs (2 counts as one)

50 Press Ups

20 Hip Mobility




No comments:

Post a Comment