Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Badass Birthday Bitches and Stuff

I'm sure you guys have noticed that I like to keep it pretty anonymous on here.  I mean, I use my name - and anyone with elementary snooping skills could probably suss out the names of my family members, etc.  In fact... hey, any of you want some sisters?  I got LOTS.  Like, EXTRA.  Seriously though - Got'em in all flavors, and all ages.

Anyone?  No, no one? Figures.

ANYWAY.  I figure it's not my place to use other people's names since this is my story.  They are part of my story - but it's not up to me to tell any part of *their* story.  Following me so far?

Excellent!

I've told you about my amazing class.  Which, I haven't been to in a week.  Admittedly, the first day I was sick.  The second day I basically just said fuck the world.  Well, I'm going back tonight.  Moving helps.  Sweating helps.

I've told you how awesome all of the people are that I've met.  I'm gonna have to start giving them Blog Names if I'm gonna babble about any of them regularly... thoughts for the future.

For now - I want to discuss Instructor - because y'all....

IT'S HER BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I want you to know that I had to back space A LOT to take out "motherfucking" first, and then "fucking" for a plain old happy birthday.  That. Is. Love.)

My Instructor is definitely more awesome than yours.  Apparently this whole thing I'm now a part of, was all started by Chuck Norris? (who knew, right??) Little bits of research, and BA BAM!!  You see Instructor's name with Chuck Norris' name all over the damn internet.  I mean, I've seen the pictures, but c'mon... getting a shout out in a Chicken Soup book?  YOU BEEN HOLDIN' OUT ON ME TEACH!

Seriously though, none of that surprised me.  I have had the privilege of watching her, as well as her daughters and husband, interact with people of all ages and types.  I have seen her teach the most adorable littles new karate stuff (I'm sure there's a word for that shit, but I don't know it), and then turn around and teach the same thing to an adult who's never done it.  All without making the adult feel bad, or the little feel small.

I mean, she's helped me quite a bit.  Starting out here, showing up just because my BFF made me, is what really started the process of my Becoming.  I know that she is always understanding, kind, compassionate, honest, thoughtful, tough - and freaking hilarious.  I mean, who better to have guide you through something new, painful, and completely different?  I think it's safe to say that any of us that have worked with, or just known her, have been pretty damned lucky.  Thank you - from the deepest darkest blackest pit of my little heart - thank you.  :)  Never ever forget how much you mean to everyone you touch.

And that's about all the sap I can handle for one post.  So... moving on.

I've flipped around a few Chuck Norris facts for your enjoyment:

When my Instructor was born, she drove her mother home from the hospital.

My Instructor makes onions cry.

My Instructor once fought Supergirl.  The loser had to wear a stupid looking outfit.

My Instructor can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass.  At night.

And....


NOW REMEMBER!!!!!

WE DON'T DISCUSS THE BLOG IN CLASS!!  ;)  Hope your day has been awesome lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment