Friday, July 21, 2017

Belt Ceremony and Summertime Blues

*Wince*  Almost a month - whoops.  Sorry guys.

In the last post, I got all sappy over the way the people I'm in class with have impacted my life.  I had just completed my belt test.  All is gravy.

On July 1st, 2017, I (with the rest of my class) did a demonstration and received my belt and certificate.  I didn't choke.  I didn't NOT go (I thought about it though), and I didn't suck.  Which was freaking amazing.  I got some encouraging messages from my BFF (who was there) and from my Person (who was not there) and it was great!

It's currently July 21st, 2017.  I know, I'm slacking.  But.. it's the Summer.  Which means...

SUMMERTIME BLUES, BABY!!

Seriously.  Summer is my depression time.  I mean, it's obviously better than it would be if I wasn't medicated.  But it's hard to force myself to do things.  I am literally forcing myself to go to class twice a week.  And honestly?  Some weeks I'm not doing the forcing - I have to have the BFF or the Person guilt me into going.  (If you don't believe this is a thing, go research)

Plus side to Summer:

-_-  None?


Down side to Summer:

Hot
Too damn bright
Hot
Too damn bright - repeat.

I'm also coming up on the one year anniversary of mom's death.  It will be 8/29/17.  So I'm fairly sure life is going to suck for a little while.

I am promising myself though to DO MY BEST to move, and to haul my ass to class through the heat, the light, the blues, and the suck.  If you get a text from me, or an FB message whining about not wanting to go - talk me out of it.  I need that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment